Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Spiced Cider


After a trip to the Jericho Cider Mill this weekend, I am obsessed with using apple cider in everything I make (there is something utterly satisfying about picking an apple out of a barrel and watching someone turn it into cider in front of your eyes). We are hosting a little gathering this fall, and this gives me the perfect excuse to tinker with mixology. This recipe (from Aaron McCargo, Jr.)  is the best of the ones I've tried (and this designation also indicates ease in preparation- after more than 5 steps I lose focus and forget where I started).

What you need:
1 liter Fresh apple cider
1/2 cup dark rum
1/2 cup cinnamon schnapps
1 Granny Smith apple, sliced
1 lemon
6 fabulous martini glasses (I love these pictured at left from Crate and Barrel)

Mix all liquids together in a pitcher, dip the apple slices in the juice of the lemon, then place one slice in each glass and pour the cocktail on top. Despite the flashbacks to my trip to the jersey shore circa 2002 dark rum causes, I was able to overcome my gag reflex and enjoy the drink. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your stylish comments here :)