Thursday, November 22, 2012

Sweet and Salty

Though I am mostly Italian, Thanksgiving food is my favorite of the year.  And though this is my 7th holiday with the hubs, not spending the day with my own parents never really feels quite right. (My dad is aboard their yacht en route to Florida where the vessel 'winters', and my mom who couldn't take enough time off from work to join him is land locked with Italian cooking and the Macy's Day Parade, just how she likes it).

For Thanksgiving with the in laws, I made maple glazed Butternut Squash. Simple, sweet and tasty. Happy Thanksgiving from WWALD!




Ingredients:


2 pounds Butternut Squash, peeled and cubed
1 cup maple syrup
2 tsps ground cinnamon
1 pinch salt
2 tsps olive oil

Lay squash cubes on a baking sheet in a single layer. Coat with olive oil. Bake at 400 for 25 minutes. Remove from oven, drizzle maple syrup and sprinkle cinnamon and a pinch of salt over all cubes. Return to oven and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes (edges should just begin to brown). Remove from oven, let rest about 5 minutes. Serve as cubes, or toss in a large bowl and mash for a delicious alternative to mashed potatoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your stylish comments here :)