Friday, November 2, 2012

Dream Land

The finishing touches on a house are almost illusive, until you spot them and know exactly what they are. At a market last week I spied a hand painted glass jar, and pictured it sitting perfectly on my dresser, with a small silk flower. Next, a set of 2 nickel lamps (for just $15 each!) called to me from the store shelf.  The vintage style mirror (similar here) was purchased a few years ago after our wedding when we decided we had had enough of hand me downs, and actually purchased new furniture for our single room New York City studio apartment.



Yes, I love the twisted mind of Kurt Vonnegut (Cats Cradle & Slaughter House 5), and a few of my favorite books prop up my new lamp

A lush, white chair provides a great place to read, watch some Bravo, and more importantly, to cuddle with Tuck when he wakes a tad too early on a Saturday morning (and always with the zebra accent!)



And of course, the mate to my bedroom lamp sits very happily in the closet room on a new white table I assembled myself (a steal at $29). My closet is my version of a 'man cave', all that's missing is a small white wine refrigerator.

Fashion Now book written entirely in Italian, purchased at Corso Como in Milan when visiting with Rebecca after college in 2005

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your stylish comments here :)