Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Mid-Week Shopping Spree

This season, wrists are getting a lot of attention. My favorite adornment is a substantial, statement cuff. You can add one over a long sleeve top, or to a bare forearm poking out from underneath an elbow length sweater. When choosing a cuff, think of it as its own outfit, as you will need no other accessories to complete the look.

On my wish-list are a few stunners that are priced north of my budget for
most things. This classic David Yurman cuff is sleek and simple, with his trademarked twisted cable design enlarged for effect. Elizabeth and James (the Olsen Twins' line launched in 2007) has this really chic silver leaf cuff at Bloomingdales, and I couldn't resist trying it on during a recent trip uptown. I'm always a fan of Swarovski (they made many of the crystals that adorned the belt on my wedding dress) and this smoky quartz cuff is no exception.

Some really unique cuffs priced in the $100-$200 range look even more expensive. This abstract gold-plated item and this pearl, moonstone, and peridot cuff, both from Anthropologie, are another shining example of why I love the store for finds that are seemingly one of kind, without absurd prices. I could see either cuff over a plain white long sleeve t-shirt with jeans and heels. Delicate Raymond is a great source I stumbled upon last year for vintage and Native American inspired pieces. This monogrammed bracelet is more delicate than a cuff, but just as statement worthy.

If you want one of the season's must-haves without breaking out the plastic, these leather wrap bracelets are really cute, and have a little biker-chic appeal that, if added to a sweet ruffled dress, create a nice balance. This Banana Republic embellished cuff is south of $50 and will dress up any party outfit. As a much cheaper alternative to the Elizabeth and James cuff I swoon over, Urban Outfitters has this cute silver number. For additional affordable choices, visit the holiday shops at Bryant Park and check out Friction Jewelery, located on the 6th avenue side of the park. Each year I return for gifts for friends, and an irresistible piece for myself as well of course.

3 comments:

  1. Love cuffs, even those by Lynne on the Housewives of OC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that I have my very own cuff (open design, reminiscent of Tribeca wrought iron grillwork), I'm careful to pair it with only the most simple ensembles. Thanks for the tips on where to find more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And don't forget the shops at Union Square!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your stylish comments here :)