Monday, January 21, 2013

Missed and Missing



This past weekend was my best friend's 30th birthday party in Boston, and though I had planned to go, preparing for my first real client presentation at work all week and missing any waking time with my now 20 month old son has gotten to be unbearable. So I missed the party, stayed home to revel in Tucker's floor play and scooting (as well as tantrums and fits) and polish the last few notes on what 2014 will mean for health care reform. My heart was heavy all weekend, but it would have ached more acutely while I text messaged my husband every moment I had been away checking in on what I was missing at home. Decisions that used to be clear and easy rarely are anymore, but you have to do the best you can each day.  And give others the slack you may yourself ask for as well if not now, one day down the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your stylish comments here :)