Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year, New ____

All cliches exist for a reason- they are true. I have made some resolutions for 2012, and upon examination, each is its own cliche. (Use the gym at least 3 times a week - In preparation I even bought new pants and tops that will help enhance the experience, as an outfit does for any occasion. Eat better- I often substitute cereal for dinner when taking care of an infant and a small household after a full day of work overcome me. Be more patient- less eye rolling when husband cant immediately read my mind.) Yawn, yawn, yawn.

Anything we can resolve to do that does not evoke a been there, done that, how many days will this last, mentality? Tucker has resolved to take fewer naps as evidenced by his refusal to close his eyes once since he woke 7 hours ago today. My husband seems to have resolved to spend more time using his new iPad since his gaze hasn't strayed from the device much since he woke also 7 hours ago. I'd suggest no more sweatpants to those I see in the suburban grocery stores, but that would be a failed attempt. Wear more color? Less flats, more heels? No more ponytails? Weak. Perhaps the best strategy is to the make the most of what is already around (clothing, job, waistline) and not set ourselves up with a list of unfulfilled resolutions to dampen the start of a new year. I resolve not to resolve, how about that?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your stylish comments here :)