Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Olive it

With fall fashion only a few furlongs away, its clear that some of the big messages for the season are in the details. As the NY Times reports, a few of the big wigs in the true meaning of the word have parred down, or in Givenchy's case, skipped runway shows altogether (except apparently for Lagerfeld's Chanel show which involved a 265 ton glacier back in March).

While Cathy Horyn reports a new wave of color in the collections, I cant see past an expanse of camel, olive and gray when I review line sheets and design boards for the months ahead. I love a good gray TSE cashmere v-neck as much (if not more) than the next girl, so the abundance of the shade doesn't disappoint me (I'd gladly don the Piazza Sempione number pictured right). But for those wishing for some spark, perhaps they need to shop Dior's couture pieces to find the promised punches of pigment seemingly lacking from the larger retail market (as far as sportswear goes at least). If you're planning a fall safari, you won't have trouble finding the appropriate ensembles, as military and camo are all the rage (again, I don't mind that this is hardly groundbreaking, as some of my very favorite styles are those that have weathered the ebbing tides of trend).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your stylish comments here :)