Sunday, April 10, 2011

April Showers

I have discovered something I enjoy even more than shopping for spring clothes for myself: Shopping for baby clothes. Most people probably think little ruffles and jumpers that go along with having a girl are the most desirable for such shopping. But I have enjoyed so thoroughly putting together outfits for a preppy, classic infant boy that I can't even imagine purchasing pink.

Since, at 9 months pregnant, much of the day is spent consumed by discomfort (a stress fracture on my left rib from the baby not helping matters), special shower gifts like a sweater vest and coordinating seersucker pants from Hartstrings (sold at Saks) considerably brighten the day. Brooks Brothers Fleece (which conveniently opened 8 minutes from our home) is now as irresistible on quick trips to Starbucks as Loft on 42nd and Lex used to be on the walk home from the Subway each night.

Until he's old enough to exercise volition in clothing choices, building the wardrobe of a soon-to-be baby is thrilling (and reminiscent of taking my Husband shopping back in the early days before his very first day of his very first job. Since then, he has become an enormous clothes horse who actually suggested he may need to share some space in my walk in closet. Cute.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your stylish comments here :)